This I believe: football

Chris - St. Louis, Missouri

I believe that sports are the most important thing in a growing kid’s life, specifically football. Coming in as a freshman I mainly wanted to play because I was big and thought it looked like fun. Little did I know this decision would completely change my life for the better. Coming into high school I was not what you would call an “in shape” athlete. I had played every sport growing up that I possibly could so I could be with my friends more and being the biggest kid in my grade school I had to push myself extra hard to keep up with the other kids since I was about 7 years old. All of these sports and other activities helped me with impressive speed for a kid who over 6 foot tall and at the time weighed about 220 pounds.

Playing football helped me by not only introducing me to kids I would be spending most of my next 4 years with but it taught me a work ethic that will stick with me for the rest of my life. That isn’t the only thing that is going to stick with me though. Every coach I have had since I started playing football has not only pounded the plays into my head but has stressed the importance of God and family in your everyday life. Sure they want you to be the best athlete you can be but at the end of the day I feel like they have also taught me how to be the best at everything I try.