Trust

Andrew - Manchester, Missouri
Themes: community

I believe in trust within a community. Regardless to whether the trust shared between a group of friends, classmates, or even county, it is necessary in each one of our lives. Without trust we are nothing more than self-centered individuals who only work for the well-being of themselves. By working in a community and being able to take a risk or sacrifice and know that your friends will be there for you is something that everyone needs in their life. Having something to fall back on is a perfect safety net in the real world, and your friends will always be there for you and that circle of trust is never broken. The family is the closest knit circle of trust that we have to answer to on a daily basis. These encounters not only represent yourself, but your name as well, and that is when you must make conscious decisions before you act.

Being trust-worthy is a difficult lifestyle to live, but it is a characteristic that most long for when they are being described. It is easy to claim that you are trust-worthy, but it is never fully proved until you are called upon to act it out in a given situation. Whether it is helping out a friend or knowing when to tell a friend to stop is something that a friendship can be based around. Surrounding yourself with people who make a positive impact on you and propel you to be a better person is what most teenagers are missing in their lives. Situations testing your trust are thrown at you almost every day, and the way we react to them is how we are classified by those around us, and I recommend being ready for any situation possible.