Decision Maker

Owen - Westlake, Ohio

I believe that some times when you make a decision it’s not always right but you learn from it and friends and family help you with it. Growing up, I would hate it when people would tell me you’re just a little kid, or you’re not old enough to do this or to say this. When I was around nine or tens years old I would wish that I would be treated as an adult. Whenever there was a decision to be made about me I wanted to make that decision but my parents always would have an input and they pretty much made the decision. For example I was asked one time if I wanted to go to a Cleveland Indians game I said “yeah I’d like to go” but my mother said “no thanks it’s a school night”.

I wasn’t mad about my mother’s decision I was furious I questioned her decision I fought her with words saying comments that little kids would say like “you’re a party pooper” and “it’s not fair”. Of course she would then tell me that school is important and that I needed my rest, but I was still upset. I’ve grown up since that day but now I have more decisions to make and its tough im not going to lie. Sometimes I wish I was little again because when your little you get away with more stuff then you would get away with now. Like now I’m eighteen if I do something bad I’m in trouble I have to fix my own problems I have to be my own guidance. Not saying my family would not give me guidance but I’m my own man. It’s funny how life works one day you want to make your own decisions then when you get older you want your parents help but that’s what you got to love about life.