Changing with music

Nick - Westlake, Ohio

Through out the world many people are influenced and inspired by music. Whether it’s from just listening to music or by playing a musical instrument, music can change people and how they feel at times. Through the years music has been the foundation for many people’s careers and has influenced millions of people. Music can help a person through depression or even just a bad day. The use of music can be used for religious intents, personal intents, and also it can be used to describe feelings towards a certain thing or mood. I believe that music can be used to help someone throughout their life.

Musicians use moods and feelings when writing their music, which makes it easier to relate to a listener who may be going through the same thing and could use some help getting through it and this can also change how that makes them feel. Music can help depression or anger, or other mood problems that could lead to damaging effects on a person’s life. Music can help someone get over depression from an event such as a death of a friend or family member or being angry from a relationship break up, or even just a bad day, music can relate to almost every situation that can happen. It can give people comfort and make them feel like they’re not the only one who has gone through this and can make them know that there is someone else out there who has gone through the same thing.

I believe music can music can be used to help people because it helped me get through a devastating time. It was back around may when my friend had passed away out of nowhere. This happening really devastated me because I did not see it coming at all. He was a healthy fun loving kid who did not deserve for this to happen. When I first heard about it I didn’t know what to do, I thought to myself “how could this happen?” and “why did this have to happen now?”. I was completely lost and I had no clue what to do. I decided to turn my iPod on to try to take my mind of things. After a couple hours of listening to some of my favorite bands I felt emotionally better. Some of the songs had compared to some of the feelings I was going through and it made me feel better about and I felt that the songs had sort of eased the all the questions that were going through my head at the time. Music made me feel more secure and really helped me get through it.

Music has always had a big influence on my life and I feel that it always will and that it will always be there for me no matter what the situation is. I believe and always will believe that music can be used to help and comfort someone throughout someone’s life, especially during critical times.