This I believe

Tim - Eureka, Missouri

I believe we judge too often in our world today. We have stereotypes for every type of person: jock, geek, preps, smart, challenged, American, Chinese, English. We view people by a general image we create about them. The individual is lost in the masses. It is said that you make your opinion about somebody in the first five seconds you meet them. With so many stereotypes out there it is hard to get around them. You think you know somebody by how they dress, what they sound like, or who they hang out with. If you just take an extra five seconds to talk to them, you may find that they are nothing like what they first appeared.

When we judge too fast, we prevent ourselves from opening up and making friends or discovering new cultures. We fail to try new things, go to new places, or meet new people because of what we think they will be like. We have in our minds preconceived ideas that we have made and that we stick by. If we could just move past these, we would be able to live fuller and richer lives. We would try more things, meet more people and we would find those lost in the masses, get to know the individual person and not a sterotype.