I Believe in Imagination

Alexander - St. Louis, Missouri

Even now, at the age of seventeen, I find myself daydreaming myself into incredibly unreal situations. I am teleported by these psychological apparitions from my monotonous pre-calculus math class to unreal realities around the world. From traveling the skies in a hot air balloon to owning and operating my very own restaurant, these mental specters relieve my suffering and melt my stress.

These inter-cranial home movies are unique to each person who acts and directs because they are based solely on imagination. I believe in imagination. I believe imagination is one of the most important traits a person can have. Whether it is used in painting, writing, daydreaming or the like, imagination is soothing, expressive and creative. It allows children to play and professionals to better the world around them.

Imagination is the most basic form of art. It adds fun to our world which seems only to care about how much money one has in his pocket. It transports us to a place where the sun shines brighter, the grass grows greener and the river flows clearer. It is an escape from a world that seems to be full of sorrow. These simple escapes, although unreal, have enough influence and power to refresh our souls after they have taken a beating from a society obsessed with material possessions and monetary value.