I Believe in Truth

Zainab - Frisco, Texas
Themes: integrity

I believe in truth. Truth is the pedestal from which other values stand. There can be no justice without truth, no society without truth. No matter how much one may try to cover it, with as many pretty pictures or lies, truth will struggle until it is seen. Truth is the one thing that people search for all their lives. The truth about who they are, what they stand for, and how far they are from it. Truth can be hiding in the fine print of a product or the tiny crevice in one’s heart. Truth can be revealing itself in pen of a reporter or on the lips of a child whose hands were in the cookie jar not too long ago. Truth is what some people run from, others fear, and still others who embrace it. Truth, to me, is the torch that lights the path of one’s life. Without it, one would be stumbling about on the moors. Truth’s mortal enemy is not only lies but denial and illusion. Not only ignorance but indifference. Now truth is not always one’s knight in shining armor, at times it is one’s grim reaper. And truth is not always revealed or exposed in a matter of minutes, weeks, or months. It could take years, decades, or centuries. But in the end, truth will always be found, illuminated, or shown. I believe truth has the power to move mountains, calm the ocean, and sway the hands of time. No matter where, truth can never be extinguished, killed, or done away with. Truth is immortal and it will survive, for that is its fate. I believe in truth.