The Way to Happiness

Danielle - Burt MI 48417, Michigan
Themes: carpe diem

I believe that the way to happiness for me is not wasting my time dwelling on things that do not make me happy. I know that life is short and full of obstacles and challenges that I must overcome and that I will not be happy until I have tackled them.

An obstacle or challenge for me is anything that gets in the way of my personal happiness. These challenges can very in size and shape. Sometimes they appear in dealing with my grandma yelling at me basically everyday and how I’m going to deal with it. Should I yell at her or be more mature and sit her down and tell her gets really old when she just yells at me everyday. Or they could be things that take free time away from you, like having to baby-sit these two little spoiled brats to save money to put away for college until I can find a real job.

I know that if you think about all of the challenges life has in store for you at once that your head might actually explode, so I try not to think about more than one at a time. That is my key to happiness. I know that life is to short and unpredictable to try and plan out in my head. I take on the challenges one by one as they occur. I also find time to do things I enjoy even when it seems like there is no free time. Even in the most hectic of times I still set time aside to go for a walk with my sisters, or go hang out with my friends. This is how I remain happy and still deal with all of the hustle and bustle.

I do not let all of the trivial things bother me. If I sat around and thought about all of the challenges I had ahead of me, I would never be happy. I remain happy because instead of thinking about all of the challenges I think about all of the good things. That is what life is all about. Enjoy what the world has to offer and take on challenges one by one.