Layna - Birch Run, Michigan
Themes: forgiveness

I believe in the power of forgiveness. People are in no way perfect, and make mistakes everyday. People hurt each others feelings, break promises, let people down, and take things that don’t belong to them from other people everyday. People lose friends of many years, relationships are broken, and trust is lost everyday. People forgive friends and family of breaking their hearts, stealing there spotlight, or betraying their promises everyday. If people didn’t forgive each other relationships wouldn’t last very long and family would be broken. Forgiveness is a necessary trait that I believe people should learn to use frequently in their everyday life.

I, myself, I’m not perfect. I have hurt people I love, broken promise, and let people down numerous times in the 18 years of my life. If it wasn’t for forgiveness it would have been hard to keep my best friend since preschool. She has forgiven me many times, and I have also forgiven her for things that would have not been worth losing a friend over. I have said things to people important to me like my mom and dad and sisters that could really hurt someone who loves you, but I always know I’m eventually forgiven and I return the favor. People that can forgive you for anything close to the unthinkable are people that in some way love you and are worth keeping around.

Sometimes forgiveness takes time, but I believe no matter how long it takes, you can eventually forgive someone for anything. I also believe that you have to want to forgive someone for you feelings of anger or even hate to ever vanish. I have had times that I have struggled to forgive someone, times when I have not wanted to, but I have learned that when you eventually forgive you feel much better about the situation. It’s not healthy to be an anger person/ Forgiveness is the perfect solution.