Vic - Chesterfield, Missouri

I believe that your friends have the greatest influence in your life. Some might say that your parents do because they raised you. Well that may be true, but the people that you choose to spend your time with will have a great deal of influence on you because, well, you chose to be around them. You honestly must take some kind of interest in them if you choose them to be your friend. As you are attracted to the characteristics of your friends, they are attracted to the characteristics and values that you have as well. Friends feed off each other like that, and that is why they have such a great influence in each others’ lives. The huge difference between the affects that your parents and friends have on you is the fact that you choose your friends and not your parents. Not saying that people don’t love their parents, it’s just that they raised you how they felt a child should be raised and then from that you choose friends from what you know.

I also believe that honesty is the greatest value a person can have. If I know that a person is honest then I can trust them with anything. It’s a great feeling to be able to trust someone completely. An honest person makes everything less stressful, and almost carefree. They are people that you can depend on. Having honest friends and knowing honest people will also make you a better person. Their characteristics will rub off on you. Not saying that I am not an honest person, but what I am saying is that the people that you hang around do have an effect on the way that you live your life. Honest people are the best friends to have.