Thomas - Florissant, Missouri

I am a junior at Christian Brothers College in St. Louis Missouri and this is what i believe. Over the course of my life I have thought of life as doing what you can to get by and doing what makes you happy and kind of forgetting about everybody else. The last few months have been life changing for me because my aunt was diagnosed with third-stage ovarian cancer and I found out that I wasn’t living life to its fullest. This realization made me work harder in school, and in the sports that I participate in. I now try my best in school, when I step out on the basketball court, and at home with my family.

Now knowing that life is so valuable and can’t be taken for granted, I try to do things to the best of my abilities and to do things that not only make me happy, but make others happy. My aunt is doing well and with the way her body is reacting to this, it looks like she is going to beat this awful disease. Life is all about overcoming the unthinkable, and with this mentality, I should be well set for what challenges life has to throw at me.