Your Beautiful

JaiLeigh - hillsboro, Oregon

You’re Beautiful

I believe that girls are beautiful just the way they are. I believe this because all people were made special and no one can change that.

I have known that all girls are beautiful for a long time and even though the world tells us that we have to look a certain way, we have the choice to either listen to the world or to ignore it and believe that we are beautiful with our hearts.

Last year some of my friends were falling for all of the new styles and the new makeup. But I wasn’t I wore my same old clothes and did my make-up the same way that I always had and every time someone said, ‘’You should do something different with your make-up,’’ or something like that I had to believe with my heart that I was beautiful no matter what anyone said.

I know that sometimes it is really, really hard to believe. It was hard for me to believe too but my sister was a big help because she was really skinny and really pretty and whenever we would go out and I was around her I felt ugly and fat. But I remember that she was always telling me not to listen to people and said that I should believe that I was beautiful with my heart. At first I thought that she was just saying that but then she said it to me probably everyday before I went to school and that really helped me.

One time I tried to make myself look like everybody else. I tried to look especially like this one girl who always look really, really pretty. Her hair was always perfect, she was really skinny, and she always had all of the new styles or trends. But I couldn’t get it right because I was a bigger then the other girls so there style didn’t look good on me but then I remember Roseanne saying once on one of her shows that ,‘’ beauty comes in all sizes, not just size 5.’’ And I reassured myself that I was beautiful just the way that I was and that I didn’t have to look exactly like them.

Now a lot of my friends are starting to believe me when I tell them that you are beautiful just the way you are. So I think that it is very important for girls to know that they are beautiful and that they don’t need anything fancy or special or that they have to be really skinny to be pretty. I do wear makeup and I’m not saying that you shouldn’t do things to enhance your beauty. Just make sure that you aren’t trying to cover up your natural beauty.

You may be really popular, or you might be the really weird girl that everyone hates, or you might be the average girl who does her own thing. But no matter who you are in the world, remember that you are who you are and you don’t need anything special to make you beautiful. You are beautiful just the way that you are.