That Special Someone

Andrew - Tampa, Florida
Themes: love

The alarm goes off promptly at 6:30. I get myself out of bed and head down the hall to my bathroom for a much needed shower to wake myself up. I get dressed and wander to the kitchen to see what my mom is making today. Turns out she is lazy today and tells me to pour myself a bowl of Pops. I finish breakfast off with a glass of Tropicana orange juice and a vitamin. I brush my teeth, say bye to my mom and the rest of my family, get in my car, and make the five minute drive to school. The day has not yet begun.

I turn on to Hunter’s Green Drive and travel the three miles down the street to Bruce B. Downs Blvd. I pass other subdivisions and houses, people out for their morning jogs, bike rides, and dog walks. I wonder if she is going to beat me to school today. Will she be waiting in the parking lot for me? What is she wearing? How does her hair look? It doesn’t matter. She is all I need.

Her light brown hair, with a touch of red reminds me of the beauty of autumn leaves. I can stare into her blue-green eyes like I am watching the waves of the ocean slowly trekking toward the shore. Her lips taste tangy from that trident gum she loves. Her skin is clear, not fair, but not dark. Her body is shaped like an hour glass, I have never seen anything so perfect.

I make the right turn on to Bruce B. Downs. Traffic isn’t too bad today; I didn’t have to wait for a green arrow. The grass on both sides of the two-lane road is still damp from the morning dew. I pull up to the light at the Cross Creek intersection, the Publix shopping center on my left and Cross Creek Blvd to my right. A cop pulls out behind me, great. Is she up ahead of me or behind me? Maybe she stopped at Starbucks for a coffee? I’ll look when I pass it. I can’t wait to see her.

School is now just a mile or so away. My excitement builds. Thinking about her still gives me goose bumps. I wipe my hand on my shorts, sweaty palms. I still get nervous even though I do this everyday. I love it. I can never get her out of my mind. She is beautiful in everyway. Smart, funny, everything I could ever dream of. I haven’t been this happy in awhile.

The cop stops traffic and I make the left turn into school behind my friend Blake and catch a glance of Subway over my right shoulder, I think I’ll go there after school. I go over what seems like a hundred speed humps into the parking lot. I can’t find her car. I park next to Blake, get out and shake his hand. I grab my books, and Blake and I head towards the school.

We are about twenty yards from the school building when someone puts their hands over my eyes. She whispers in my ear, “Guess who”. I gently take her hands off my face and put them around my neck. I turn around and she is smiling, I smile back. Now the day has begun.

She makes my body tingle with not just her touch, but her eyes. She cares when I am sad or troubled, and there to help me put a smile back on my face. When she is sad, I wipe her tears. She supports me in all my endeavors and I in her. She likes country, comedies, and pasta, and so do I. We fight, we make up. We are always there for each other. She is just for me. There is someone out there for everyone; this I believe.