I Believe In Romantic Movies

Jess - Wernersville, Pennsylvania

I believe in romantic movies. The feeling that you geI believe in romantic movies. The feeling that you get when you see people falling in love, I believe in that. The belief that something so powerful is available to everyone with only the right choice of partner is what drives daters across the nation, around the world. The Notebook instills hope in your heart; When Harry Met Sally exhausts your patience, and A Walk to Remember forces maturity upon you. Filled with serenity, sexuality, honesty and perseverance, loves stories throughout time keep men and women optimistic in finding their one true soul mate.

Just like in a football game, mistakes happen. In love stories he cheats and she leaves, or they want different things. It’s real life: live and learn. Coping with your everyday disasters is much easier when you know that Meg Ryan is going through the same thing in Addicted to Love.

I realized I really kind of liked a guy during City of Angels. It was the first time I’d cried in front of a boy, ever. As the tears rolled down my cheeks and my breathing got more spastic he turned around and wiped my eyes. Such a subtle gesture flashed by my eyes as a Hollywood trailer. I was starring in my very own love scene. Not only did it make me feel like a million bucks (which is only a portion of what the feature film would make in theaters) but I felt glamorous. My hair was up, make up smeared and I was balling my eyes out but to one person in one moment I looked good enough that it was worth it to conserve my beauty by wiping the tears away.

Romantic movies are 120 minutes of life on ecstasy. They tear through boundaries and feelings and leave you with a smile as big as the moon or simply an empty heart. They’re a crash course to falling in, out, or under love; but in reality, a good, dramatic love story is only to real life as spark notes is to Romeo & Juliet. Though the feeling might be the same, the experience is not.

I believe Helen Keller when she said, “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart.”

I believe in romantic movies and I also believe in love. I believe in being happy. And, so, I believe that the world should stop waiting. Put your guard down and feel greater than you ever have. In fact, feel great with someone else.