attitude, this is

Lu - China
Themes: hope

5 4 3 2 1. Like the launch of a rocket, year 2008 has already risen into the sky successfully.

I can still remember the time when 2008 comes for that we, Chinese, regarded it as a big bang. It occurred to me that in the initial of the year 2008, we, Chinese, had plenty of determinations.

We held a firm belief that China could hold a spectacular Olympic games. Despite of the painstaking preparation and the world-spread declaration, it is 2008. We were ready to stand side by side as a nation and made the step to the new year more expectant, because it is 2008. Being one part of 2008, we took it for granted that it is a year of substances instead of froth, a year of fulfillment instead of illusions.

2008, with a figure of 8, was recognized as a hopeful year. This is not a fairy tale, but a phenomenon that is common in China. We, Chinese considered 8 as a lucky number. Besides Buddhism, the figure is a religion too. What’s more, it is not a contemporary circumstance, Chinese call it a tradition and this tradition is passed on generation by generation. Our forebears left this treasure to us. I interpreted it as treasure because it is composed by invaluable spirits.

We are not superstitious, this is an attitude towards life. And I believe in this attitude.

Due to this attitude, we persist in our faith with disregard of others’ comments. We can infer from this attitude that it is this attitude which makes the little flame into a dazzling light. Worst but not least, with the embrace of this attitude, we can not only praise and admire the progress but also face the failure.

2008 is not a perfect year for china as well as for the world. In a sense, it somewhat can be told as a frustrated period. For instance, the devastating earthquake, the milk powder issue, the financial crises and so far all squeezed into a year. No matter how tough they look, they are not calamities but challenges because they happened in 2008. I believe in this attitude.

1 2 3 4 5. Happy new year. Actually, I believe that each figure is a lucky number, each person has a lucky future. This is an attitude, which I totally believe in.