He’s Able

erin - creve couer, Missouri

Trials and tribulations are inevitable. They are character building factors that keep our relationship with Christ strong. How would we ever encounter the beautiful rainbows after the storm if there were no storm? No matter what circumstances arise; I believe, without a doubt that God IS able to do just what He said He would do. He will fulfill every promise made.

Me, my brother and our mom moved from Arizona to Missouri in November 2008. We moved with only our car and the clothes we owned, which were mainly summer items because of where we moved from. With no assistance from our fathers, our mother worked extremely hard to provide everything we needed; however, with the current economic situation, we lost our car in February. My mother was injured in April and placed on medical leave. Having going through that situation she could no longer pay our rent and we had to move in with my aunt and her husband. My family and I have been through so much; from homelessness to barely eating to out of season clothes, yet we experience so much joy and peace. I realized; through my Bible studies and time at church learning through the different ministries, that these were only tests (the storm before the rainbow). God’s promises are mercy, grace and blessings. And He is not a man that he should lie; therefore, we could experience peace if kept believing and having faith in God knowing that he is able to do exceedingly and abundantly.

Everyday I wake up I am able to think on my own, speak for myself, move my arms and legs with no help and I thank him because he IS able to keep me in perfect peace. Although my family faces great difficulties to make it and it sometimes bothers me, I do know that it is not about the material things in life, but it is about living for eternal life and obeying God’s word enough to know that HE IS ABLE and will bring us through the storms of life so that we can enjoy the beautiful rainbow. My relationship with God is what is most important to me and keeping His word close to my heart makes me realize that those Nike shoes, True Religion jeans and Prada purse are only a coin in the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow. .

Now that the holiday season is soon to be, this is when kids tell their parents what they want for Christmas. My family and I can’t afford to do that this year which is alright with me, my gift for Christmas and not only Christmas but every day is God’s most precious gift, Jesus. We may not be able to receive gifts this year but I’m trusting God to know that he’s going to bless us in areas of NEED then where we want.

We are still here. There is a roof over our heads, food on our table, and clothes on our back. I know that God will continue to take me and my family higher because He is able to do so but, we just have to be patient and exercise our faith that He will do it. My challenge for everyone that I talk to on a daily basis is to ask, BELIEVE and watch how you receive. I give thanks because I know HE IS ABLE.