The Strength of Friendship

Hannah - St. Louis, Missouri

“A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out.”

I believe that friends are always there for you, I believe that they never walk in or

walk out on you. . My friends and I never walk in or walk out, we consider ourselves

being always there for each other. How? Why? We have a notebook that enables us to be

in each others lives, every second of everyday. We created this notebook because we

wanted to share our thoughts, our feelings whenever and wherever. We call this book the

ADA notebook which means Las Amigas De Almas. We are sisters of the soul. The way

this notebook works is that we pass it around our circle between the four of us, it’s

completely anonymous and we have our nicknames for that. This notebook has been to

Idaho, the country (multiple times), and many other places and it put a piece of all four of

us and our travels within it.

Sounds silly, right? It may, but it’s helped us through our boyfriend problems

when we needed someone to listen and not worry about being judged. We’ve all had

those problems, but we’ve gotten through them because we have all listened to each other

and never judged each other. We’ve comforted, supported, and helped one another

through the hard times we’ve encountered such as the boyfriend problems.

Since the notebook has started, we’ve also had our disagreements, which in

reponse led to arguments. Sure we’ve fought because of what we thought of others

boyfriends and how our feelings are different, but because of the notebook, our friendship

has never been destroyed. I believe friends never leave each others sides, I believe that

they never walk in or walk out, they just stay with you. Whether it’s through a book or

spiritually, your friends are always there.