The Gospel of Truth As I See It

Dean - Lake Wales, Florida
Age Group: 65+

Does God Love His Creations?

One finds little comfort in the treatment of “His” creations by the biblical God. It should be apparent to any caring, loving and empathetic human that no benevolent “being” could have designed nature. The “creator God”, who creationists envision of biblical lore, was certainly no friend to human and non-human animals.

If “He” created nature and life on this planet, then, apparently reflecting his own creation of human characteristics, he approves of violence and displays harshness, anger, vengeance, disappointment, impatience, vindictiveness, depravity, irrationality, hatred, indifference, arrogance, intolerance, and greed throughout Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, Deuteronomy, Joshua, Judges, Samuel, Kings, Chronicles, and so on. He also must have deliberately created agony, suffering and pain as a never-ending part of nature’s cycle of life. For example, God sends two she-bears to tear to pieces 42 children who are teasing a prophet (II Kings 2:23). He permits the lions in the den to break the bones of Daniel’s accusers and those of their wives and children (Daniel 6:24), lets dogs feast on Jezebel’s body (II Kings 9:35,36), and constantly threatens to send beasts to eat the flesh of his Chosen People (Ezekiel 33:27).

Research into mythology shows “origin myths”, which parallel and preceded the biblical Adam and Eve story, and “original sin” as cast upon the then-known world by Yahweh. God supposedly created non-human animals to provide subordinate helpmates for Adam in his management of the garden. It was the failure of this plan that, according to ancient Hebrew history and mythology, made the creation of the first women – first Lilith and then Eve – necessary. Lilith was a complete failure because she insisted on equal rights with Adam (the first women’s equal rights warrior!) and was replaced with a more docile creature, Eve. Incidentally, one Jewish midrash suggested that Eve was in fact created from “Adam’s side” (which some have interpreted as perhaps being his tail!). Talk about your evolution!

As the story of original sin unfolds, it must be assumed that the Lord introduced death into the world when he created coverings of animal skins for the human malefactors. And God introduced horrible agony and painful suffering to all of his sentient creations by setting every animal of higher form to feed upon lower forms of life. Darwin’s evolution describes this horror further in the survival of the fittest being determined by the ability to be more the diner than an item on nature’s menu. Most insects and animals die agonizing deaths. And human beings are not spared this pain as we are weakened and killed by organisms that cannot be detected by the naked eye – even though most are no longer victims of creatures of prey as often as in the perilous past

Space limitations prevent me from expanding on these premises other than to express my sincere doubts about the Noah flood story (very similar to Egyptian, Mesopotamian and Babylonian flood stories), or that over 500,000 people survived by eating desert brush and insects with very few sources of water while wandering aimlessly for forty years in the desert as described in Exodus.

I shall always remain unknowing or agnostic until such time that I receive a direct spiritual salutation – perhaps burned in stone! Maybe it will say: “All human existence is merely experimental”!