True democracy for the working poor

Russell - 07042, New Jersey

On this I believe, I would like share a better notion of what true democracy is from the perspective of the working poor, which may also suggest new ways that we all might participates in this world. You see I believe every human life, no matter how desperate or disadvantaged, carries a spirit to contribute in some way. Some people come in and out of this world as inspirational examples, but I have come to ask myself why not all? Our democracy is sullied by an anonymous form of discrimination which prevents the working poor from passionately contributing in the manner in which they desire.

Like so many of the working poor, I have had to steal away private moments during my working commutes, mandatory weekends and family duties…to learn! I found interest in many subjects: Philosophy, Psychology, arts and science-so many beautiful ideas that one has barely enough life to pursue them all, let alone get a good sense of the world that these subjects convey. But for all my learning I have not a diploma to make use of this.

I believe, our democracy fails because it can so easily afford the working poor the means to pursue their true passion which inevitably gives back to society. I believe our notion of democracy must come to incorporate the means to pursue any passion to productive ends.

Our country spends more than 850 billion yearly to educate Americans, though we can establish a free online university for under 80 million-that it has not yet happened is the last great social injustice we have yet to overcome.

I believe that the social and economic barriers to an accredited diploma have been technologically surmounted and the time consumed with the task of daily living is still amendable to daily study. With unprecedented access to accredited diplomas, the working poor can steal away time in pursuit of a new life while continuing to provide their nations needs. Moreover, a nation that provides such access to diplomas will surely strengthen its future with an adaptable workforce.

I believe we all can imagine a better world where every citizen may find time at home to watch multimedia course materials, listen to top lecturers during weekly commutes and review course summaries while on breaks and when they ready they can schedule dates at public spaces for testing or skills and labs work. This world can invigorate an ailing nation with a whole new industry build around education. Teachers can master any number of courses or pursue their interests in developing the materials which can establish the best educational standards.

I firmly believe in a true democracy everyone should be given the means to live a life of one’s own based solely on the responsibility one takes to learn and value the many opportunities life offers and that it might follow that we can come to realize a just and equitable nation in the process.