the Break up

Richard - rocklin, California
Themes: love

The Break Up

I am a young teenage student that has a tendency to zoom through everything with great speed. Sometimes I zoom so fast, that I forget or do not see the importance of features that happen in my life. This I believe that we should appreciate little moments in life, specifically in romantic relationships.

When I broke up with my girlfriend, Jasmine, I began to reminisce of the times we shared together. Everything was going great, until a big conflict arose. I was caught up in a dilemma at work and when she and I would talk on the phone I would take it out on her. She would try to put up with me and helping me out with all this mess, but I was being too stubborn. Not understanding of what I was doing, I kept yelling at her. I should have just slowed down and realized that she was on my side. I was being a jerk. I did not take the time to appreciate what I have until it was too late.

We fought back and forth for months like it was war. As a result, I lost her. I no longer have that special person in my life. This event in my life made me realize that all those memories that we have made and shared together should have been appreciated a lot more. This made me feel resentful about the wrong I have done to her. Despite any flaws that she brought into the relationship, I missed it all. I would have done anything to have all of it back rather than taking that person out of my life completely.

Romantic relationships are in our nature. It is something that holds memories that should be cherished. From smiling at one another to laughing at each other, moments like these should not be forgotten, but appreciated.

After losing my girlfriend, it made me aware of how I could never have that same feeling. It is so crucial to appreciate all the little times because once you lost it; you fell like you have lost everything. Hold on tight to what you love and do not try to make decisions so fast without thinking about the outcome.

I could not stand it any more. One morning I got up and drove to her house to ask her for her forgiveness. It was hard for her to accept at first because I have done so much wrong to her, but it got better. Now after 3 years, we have been closer then ever. From the moment I messed up, I now recognize that I need to slow down. I can not remember all the moments but when those moments do appear, I would always try to amplify the intensity of our sensation. Always appreciate the little moments in life.