The Tools of Life are Free

Robert - Fair Oaks, California

The Tools of Life are free

I believe that wisdom and learning are a way of life. Whether you learn from your mistakes, someone else’s or from being taught these are all tools on how to survive. Learning is a way of life and it happens all the time. General Robert E. Lee once said “The education of a man never ends until his death.” This to me has been one of my life goals as well everyday I try and learn something new or learn from a mistake. My belief is that if you learn enough your are wise and can then teach others and can learn from them as well. No one and nothing has done and learned everything in the world. There is always room for more to be taught and educated upon.

To me wisdom is the greatest and most used tool of all. Whether it is keeping you from catching on fire or to as little as knowing how to put a slipper on your feet. To me learning and being able to use what you have learned is wisdom and gives you strength. You don’t have to learn from your mistake to be wise it could be just regular self taught rules or teachings from someone else.

In grade school one of my teachers told me that he doesn’t just teach his students he learns from them as well. This teacher also told me that he loved his job because no matter if you are teaching or learning, you are making a difference in the world and being paid to do it. Teaching isn’t the best money paying job in the world and doesn’t have the best of material benefits either but there are benefits that you gain when teaching. To me you gain wisdom that only others can give you because of different points of views. You learn to have an open mind as well so that you may learn from these people and maybe even be persuaded in having the same view as them on a subject.

Abrahams Lincoln says “I don’t think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday.” Before I die I want to look back on my life and be happy that I lived every day wisely and learning at every chance possible. In the CA-954th cadet AFJROTC corps that I am in I learned a quote “A mans flight through life is determined by the knowledge he has sustained.” And I will always remember and cherish it through out the rest of my life.