Then this boy cam along. . .

christy - 0000

Then This Boy Came Along. . .

I truly believe that you should always put friends before guys. I have made the mistake in the past of putting my relationship before my friends. I learned a lot from this mistake and today I am so glad I did.

I had a couple few really good friends that I had for about three years, then this boy came along. I was in what I thought was at the time was a perfect relationship, we spent every second possible together, we were like a married couple. Since I was always with him and never wanted to leave his side I only ever saw my friends at school, which was a lot less than usual. My boyfriend and I were together for over six months before we had our first break up. I was upset and did not know who to turn to, I had made him my everything. I felt guilty calling my friends that I hardly made time for asking to cry on their shoulders. I felt bad, I knew I had not been a true friend and I wasn’t going to let it happen again.

Several weeks went by, and my boyfriend I got back together, but I had learned. I made an effort to make time for my friends this time around, and I was happy. I had my friends and my boyfriend and I thought life could not be any better. But it was only a matter of time before my boyfriend and I were having problems again. We broke up for good just a couple months ago and I am so glad I was able to keep my friends close. Without them I think for sure I would be suffering. But the truth is I have not been happier, I feel myself again. I am so glad my friends forgave me for being a bad friend in the past, and stood by me because without them right now I would be lost. There are people I lost a couple years ago when I got with that guy, and I am now making an effort to be friends with them again and show them I have learned and changed.

I have always heard the saying “hoes before bros” but you don’t realize how hard it is until you are in that situation, it takes work and effort to be a good friend. I lost a couple people through out my on-and-off relationship of over a year and a half, but some people have stuck by me to see me learn my lesson and the others I am trying to show now. You never know when a guy is going to change and be gone, and you could be left with nobody. Friends should always come before a guy, this I believe.