i believe in treating people equally

tiffany - north port, Florida

I personally believe everyone should be treated equal no matter how different they are. People get treated differently because of how they look, act or some thing that can’t change or control. Here in this world people are so judgmental; they will judge the first thing they lay eyes on. Then, eventually they will talk about that person even if they do not know them. I’ve been in a situation where someone who is now my best friend got judged. One day in class, when she walked in being new to the school everyone treated her different. Everyone’s eyes were glued to her and they watched her every move. Many people started whispering about how she looked and gave her a dirty looks. Supposively, she didn’t dress the way her color is suppose to dress like. Which I think is very stereotypical. That’s what everyone whispered about her. I don’t think it matters how u dress. Having a brand name on your body doesn’t tell you everything about the person. Everyone is entitled to have there own style. For a very long time maybe like a couple of months no one talked to her. One day, we had to work with a partner and I noticed she was alone. I told my friend that today I was going to be the new girl’s partner because she was alone. My partner agreed to it and was fine about it. I went over there to her and asked her if she wanted to be my partner. She looked almost relieved and happy that someone was willing to talk to her finally. She turned out to be an outgoing fun person. When, everyone noticed how she really was everyone wanted to talk to her. They wanted to take back everything they said. Eventually, she changed her style a little but not because everyone said something it was because she wanted to change. She loves this school now and I’m really happy for her. She still gets talked about but she doesn’t care. I mean everyone will get talked about for the rest of their life whether it’s good or bad. She has so many friends and people who want to be her friend. I see a lot of people getting talked about in my school. It starts fights almost everyday. If people would just stop talking about people and treating everyone equal we would all be happy. I think everyone should get to know one another before opening their mouths. I hated being treated different because someone judged me before knowing me. I try not to judge people. I try to keep in mind everyone is equal. We are all human beings and we weren’t brought here to be racist, judgmental and to fight. So before you go and judge someone think of how they will feel because you and everyone else are treating them different. There going to be alone and sad. Everyone needs friends and you should try being one even if they are different and no one talks to them. You could start talking to them and everyone will join in and you will make a difference in their life.