Music is Life

Chelsea - North Port, Florida

I believe in finding life and happiness through music. There is so much in life that people find it necessary to do that they completely consume themselves, becoming over worked and stressed. I have known plenty times in my life where I needed some time away, time to myself, time where I didn’t have to deal with everyday pressures. I find the best place, better than any vacation or retreat, would have to be putting myself into music. Music takes over my mind and body, allowing me to drift off to another world, one where I don’t have to worry, that can help put me at ease, a world where I can be me. So many times, though, when I try to find time to myself, allow myself to shed everything that burdens my day by day life, someone has an issue, someone needs something, and no one will let me take a break, everything must be done when they say. Never getting time to myself so that I may just dive into the music becomes tiring, and I just start to tear at the seams. When you go so long with only unwanted work and stress, no way to relieve your body of all the troubles, your mind tends to just shut off. I know this from personal experience. Yelling. Anger. Fighting. Even something someone would think is ridiculous to argue over, such as wanting to stay home for a night instead of going out, can just cause you to break. Without an outlet, such as music, you pile on everything, thinking about it over and over, keeping it on the inside until you have no more room to hide everything. Without an outlet you break, you are torn from the inside out with nothing to show for it except the beaten war path you left behind. When you break you have little control. All you know is what you see. Your mind is out of control and you follow your body, taking advice from a brain that is blacked out, and all you want to do is escape, find a new haven to be in. Just escape. Coming to the breaking point because you couldn’t find time to yourself is hard to let go. No matter if you feel regret, disgust, hatred, or whatever fits your situation, it just looms over you for so long. It’s something no one should have to feel. Coming to a better life, where memories don’t fog the future, is why I believe in finding life and happiness through music. Being able to relax to your own music, just enveloping yourself in every point of it, letting it take your mind off of the day, becoming completely stress free, feeling as if nothing could ever go wrong. This is why music is such an important component to life. It takes the worst of it all, brings out your emotions, and gives you a chance to live life with no regrets.