I Believe in Lego’s

Alessandra - North Port, Florida

I believe in Lego’s, you know those little multi-colored blocks. They let you build an escape from our sometimes harsh reality, where you can start over without worrying about your history. Where you can live in a gorgeous castle one hour, and then be a famous soccer player the next. I believe in imagination too. It helps inspire the heart.

Building with Lego’s lets you kick back and relax, Shooing those nasty depressing thoughts out of your already stressed filled mind. And when you’re not happy with the outcome you can make it all disappear and start over. Sometimes it sucks that you can’t start over so easily in reality. Oh well, we can always make the best out the situation though.

Sometimes when I see someone playing with Lego’s I tend to remember all the interesting, yet fun, times I had playing with them. Just a few months ago, like around the month of October I was playing with Lego’s with one of my younger brothers. We were just building our own really awkward looking houses and jamming to some music. When he looks at me and asks, “Sis have you ever just wanted to run away. To escape and go somewhere else, even just for a little while?” I sat there dumb-struck for a minute trying to think of a response. That’s when it hit me that playing with Lego’s was one of my ways to escape and get away. So when I finally answered I said, “Yeah I have. And that’s why I play with Lego’s. They help me build and get to that other place. We stopped talking and continued to build.

That couple of hours playing with Lego’s and my little brother had made me realize that no matter how chaotic your life may be there’s always time to stop relax. So play with Lego’s and just believe.