Michael - Hughesville, Pennsylvania

Discipline-The Way to a Better Future

I believe discipline is the way to make the future brighter and better than it is now. Presently there is a lot of crime in the United States. If it weren’t for the police, an arsonist would have succeeded in burning my mother’s car. I believe if everyone disciplines their children when they are old enough to know right from wrong the crime rates in America could possibly go down.

One example of one of these crimes is an attempted kidnapping on the street on which I live. The victim of the attempted kidnapping was a thirteen year-old girl that was on her way home from school. She avoided being kidnapped by running to a nearby house to get help. The occupants called the police and protected her until her parents came for her. It is things like this that make the world unsafe and dangerous to live in. If only children were disciplined they would become citizens instead of becoming someone that commit crimes.

One way to instill discipline is to have kids attend cadet-training camps. Training camps will help them become better citizens through discipline plus help them to be able to defend themselves. This would make roads safer for kids coming home plus make America better than it is now.

Without discipline America could not have gotten to where we are today. By that I mean we could not have beaten Hitler without discipline because soldiers would not have followed orders. The same goes for all other wars the United States has taken part in.

Discipline is why we are proud of our Armed Forces and its accomplishments. Discipline is why people like Eagle Scouts, politicians, and presidents are looked up to and respected. It is why great military minds are so good at what they do; discipline is what makes them not willing to accept defeat. Discipline is what makes them willing to accept orders without questions or hesitation. It is what made Abraham Lincoln such a great president, mainly because he was brave enough to stand up for what he believed in and didn’t let others discourage him. He did this because he wanted to make a name for himself and he disciplined himself not to back down. If all men where like Abraham Lincoln there might be less crime and more unity among nationalities instead of rape, thefts, carjacking, and murders.

Another one of the main reasons I believe the United States needs more discipline is gangs. Mainly because they are one of the main sources of rapes, murders and thefts in the United States. The main thing I am trying to say is if people discipline themselves to stop paying attention to themselves and start paying attention to others there might be less crime and more trust among citizens of different nationalities. In closing I will say have a good night and God Bless America.