I Believe that anything is Possible

Corrin - north andover, Massachusetts

I believe that anything is possible if you set your mind to it. As long as you’re living then you can make something possible. This phrase inspires people everyday however, it effects one particular person the most that person is me!. When I am going through tough times it helps me get through them. Welcome to, my life: a regular 14 year old girl in a big high school.

This phrase came to me at a certain time…it went something like this; I was in the 6th grade failing every test possible. However, I was trying so hard it just was not working. Soon I was diagnosed with a learning disability. I was scared and afraid that people would make fun of me. It was bad enough I looked younger then my real age. They were known as the special classes to the other kids however; to me it was known as a life saver. I kept thinking of that phrase and I learned that anything is possible. Soon D’s were turned to A’s.

Another rough time in my life was when I was in the 4th grade. My dad was moving couches and a happy face soon turned into a face of fear. My mom brought my dad to the emergency room to get him checked out. That day I learned that adults could cry and feel pain. He was diagnosed with three herniated disks. My dad had to get surgery and after the surgery he was diagnosed with Bacterial Meningitis. My mom’s friend who was a nurse told her that he was being moved to Boston because it was not looking good. My whole family was torn through this emotional time. I remember going to his room stealing all of his Jolly Ranchers. When I arrived at the hospital with my sister and brother they prepared me for what I was going to see. I was so excited to see my dad I had not seen him for three weeks. I brought him my test and saw him with tubes and I freaked out. That night I went home and discovered what pain really was, I prayed for my dad saying… “God I believe that you can fix my dad if you set your mind to it.” I thought my dad was going to leave this planet, two months turned to nine painful months. I remember going to thanksgiving and all eighteen of my aunts and uncles and all thirty seven cousin being there praying and supporting us. Three weeks later the doctors told him that he was getting better and that god gave a miracle. Now today he is a guy who is involved in many activate; fishing, soccer, and his newest sport yoga!

I believe that anything is possible, just set your mind towards it! I will remember the good and bad that this phrase took me through however, I will not dread on the past. I am a freshman in high school… and I believe!