Physically Fit

Britney - Salcha, Alaska

Today’s society is faced with obesity and diabetes as two of its biggest health problems. By not being active people suffer from these ailments and struggle with everyday life. I believe people should include physical activity in their everyday routine.

Daily routines that include at least thirty minutes of vigorous physical activity help reduce obesity and diabetes. Exercising does not entail running five miles and doing fifty push-ups. It includes walking, jogging, playing sports, etc. Some people are not comfortable playing sports or going to the gym everyday but, they should still be active around the house. There is not a rule book for life that states someone must do a physical activity during the day. However, many people have failed to be active throughout the day and have increased their chances of suffering from health ailments.

Exercising is not only effective for human bodies physically but it also helps emotionally because physical activities relieve stress. This is because people have to focus on the activity they are doing and not the stressors in their life. Relieving stress is extremely effective for obese people because they concentrate more on losing their weight and not eating.

Another positive effect that is taken from physical activity are the many fundraising events, such as, walking, jogging, etc. for sick children and adults. By participating in these events, people benefit greatly and also help others. People benefit from the fundraisers by receiving the daily exercise everyone should get. At the same time, they feel better mentally because they know the money they raise is going to help researchers find the cures to diseases.

Adults facing health problems should be the ones to encourage young children to exercise. Adults are the influence of children’s lives and everything they do is being observed. A child should not grow up thinking it is okay to lay around the house all day. They should get involved with a sport or at least go outside and work in their yard to maintain their health.

Lying around all day is not acceptable and it is vital for people to participate in physical activities. Running marathons is too much but they should have to walk more than the area of their house. People who are influencing others should not see their own reflection as a person who is suffering from health ailments. This reflection causes the people who look up to them feel as if it is appropriate to live that way. The only thing that is gained from being obese and having diabetes is a shorter life, this is why I believe in being physically fit.