Responsibility

Jesse - loveland/co/80538, Colorado

This I believe… high school is just a stepping stone and a building block for responsibility that lies in life ahead. In high school, people show their true colors and go through different phases. You get to know people on more of a personal level as well as yourself during this time. Everyone expresses how they really feel instead of what someone wants to hear. We deal with a lot of life like situations that prepare us for the life ahead. Often times we have to get jobs for the first time and make our own money. It’s no more allowance for most kids as well, in which this gives them a ton of responsibility to deal with.

The main point in my belief here is responsibility. For some it starts way earlier than high school, but this time is when it’s all piled on at once. Throughout my years here, I’ve come across a lot of mater that heavily deals with responsibility. My first job was a huge step in my life towards this goal every teen wants to achieve and be known for it. I worked at Showtime for a small bit, where a lot of care and responsible action was needed for the customers and the store itself.

The obtainment of my license was probably the biggest, the way I see it. At any given point, when managing a vehicle, you are responsible for anything and everything that happens. Not only are you responsible for your own life, also the company you bring along as well. This burden is far too big for one man or woman to be carrying at such a young age to start off. My aunt, Melissa, died in a car wreck when she was fourteen years old out on an old dirt road in Harlan, Iowa. The driver, Kathy was the irresponsible one in this case and well, let’s say, didn’t carry that burden that was destined for her while controlling the fragile vehicle. This taught my whole family how important responsibility truly is in any case in life.

Last, but definitely not least, the grades we get in school. Responsibility is required in order to get through the toughest years of our education in high school. Without it, we go nowhere after this long and winding road. Being to class on time every day is important. You miss out when you’re not there. The key to good grades is studying what is being taught in the class time given. I wasn’t a big studier at all until high school rolled around. I want to be able to go on after all of this and make something of it and put my real skills to the test, I want to be able to show the responsibility I’ve taken on as a kid and apply it to bigger things. I can’t move on unless I conquer something bigger than myself, that something that is of a colossal size is responsibility. This I believe… high school is just a stepping stone and building block for responsibility that lies in life ahead.