Live Life to the Fullest

Kelsea - Hawesville, Kentucky
Themes: carpe diem, death

Live life to the Fullest

I believe that nothing should be taken for granted. Our life on this planet is limited but because of that, everything is much more beautiful. Everyone is put on this earth for a reason. Whether it is to help someone or hurt someone, we all have a purpose. I know that I am only eighteen but in these eighteen years I have learned a lot; mainly because of the people who surround my life throughout each and every day.

Recently, a sister of one of my dear friends passed away. Ronda was diagnosed with breast cancer at the age of 40 and has been fighting it for the past six years. Throughout those six years, she never let it slow her down. Instead, she began to travel and help those who needed it most. My friend told me that at her funeral a young lady walked up to him and told him that his sister had changed her life. She used to be the kind of person who would have something constantly planned or her job interfered with personal time. After spending time with Ronda and seeing how she went through her days, her whole life took a turn for the better. She started to spend more time with her family and didn’t work near as many hours as she used to. Her life was less stressful and she was much happier. He went on to say that maybe Ronda was put on this earth to help this woman. Maybe Ronda was meant to be her guardian angel in life.

Many do not even think about how privileged we are. They take advantage of what they are given in life and don’t realize how good they have it until it’s gone. Sometimes it takes a family member dying or cancer spreading for them take hold of life. Everyone should live every moment like it’s their last. Why go through life doing something you’re not proud of? Spend your time the way you want to spend it and don’t hold back. At least when it’s all said and done you can look back and say that you lived your life to the fullest.

I’d like to end with a quote that I found on the wall of a public bathroom, “Live life not by how many breaths you take but by the moments that take your breath away.” You only have a certain amount of time before you take your last breath, why not live life to the fullest?