life with strict parents

Jennifer - santee, California

Life with Strict Parents

Ever since I started junior high school, my parents have been extremely strict with me. They make sure that all of my homework is done along with all of my chores in the house, and then once I am able to go out, I have a curfew that I have to be back by or else I would have to face serious consequences. My parents also always make sure where I am, who I am with, and what I am doing. If it wasn’t for my parents being so strict I probably wouldn’t be doing as well as I am in school and I would probably be into a lot of bad things like some of the kids I know.

Parents nowadays are not as strict as they used to be. Most parents do not even care about what their kids do, where they go, or what time they get home. This is the main reason why so many teenagers are not as successful as before and are into really bad things like drugs and alcohol. Most teenagers I know are into bad things are failing and dropping out of school, all because their parents are not strict enough. Some kid’s parents will say that they will ground them for, let’s say, a month if they do something that they are not supposed to, but when the kid actually does do that one thing, the groundation only ends up being less than a week and the kid will be able to get away with anything that they want to.

An example of someone who does not have strict parents is one of my close friends who is now in juvy for the second time this year. His mom let him go out at night until three in the morning if he wanted to. He is 16 years old. He has already ruined his life by doing things that are not good for him at all. He is involved in drugs and alcohol and that is how he got into trouble. He was out late at night because she did not care what time he was home. He also will not graduate because he is so behind on his high school credit because, even though his mom was notified that he was failing high school, she did not take any action to fix it. She just let him go on and keep doing what he was doing, with no restrictions.

My parents make me be home at a certain time because they like to know that I am safe, because anything can happen, no matter what you are doing. Many teens are kidnapped and hurt because they are out late and their parents do not know where they are at.

If my parents did not make me stay home until everything I had to do was done, I probably would not be doing as well as I am in school. I would most likely be out doing things rather than staying at home studying and doing homework. I probably would not even care about my future career and I would not be striving to become what I want to become, a veterinarian.

Event though it is hard for me to admit it, I am secretly glad that my parents are strict on me because I know that it is for the better and I will be a better person in the future because of it.