Friendship

Paul - Fort Worth, Texas

I believe in the importance of human relationships.

All relationships that people have are important, but there is one type of relationship that is above all others. This type of relationship is friendship and is experienced differently depending on the level of friendship. A low level of friendship can be someone that I see in class everyday and talk to only during the time that the class meets and when I see them around town. Other than that I really don’t talk or spend any time with these individuals. Then there are the friendships that are a type of mid level relationship. This level of friendship can be where I am associated with the same group of people and do things together with these friends. I know some information about these people and they know information about me. We talk when we see each other around for about five minute, but other than that we really do not talk to one another. The last type of friendship is a high level of friendship. This type of friendship is to someone I would call my good friend or best friend. These friends are friends I spend a lot of time with and share a lot of information about our lives with one another. These are the type of friends that help me when I am having a rough day, want to celebrate something good that has happened in my life such as a good grade and these friends are somebody I want to talk with just because I can talk to them about anything.

The person that I view as being my best friend is my friend Andrew. We met in high school and were roommates during our freshman year in college. We have shared so much information with one another that it is like we have lived together our entire life. Andrew helps me whenever I need help even if I don’t ask for it. He is a person that will back me up in any situation that I face and cheers me up when I am feeling down. He is the type of person that I can talk to about anything just because I know that he will listen to what I have to say.

Human relationships are important because I have seen how they have made a difference in my life even if the difference that was made was a very small difference. I know that I would not be the person that I am today without my friends who have helped me grow along the way. I hope that they remain in my life to help me in the future. My friend Andrew is a prime example of what a best friend or high level of friendship should be. So it is because of the different friends that I have made that I have come to believe in the importance of human relationships.