Live like you’re at the bottom even if you’re at the top

Stephanie - Buffalo, New York

I believe that you should live like you’re at the bottom even if you’re at the top. People need to remember how far and where they came from and that to treat everyone with respect and that they’re no different than anybody else. It also means no matter how famous they get it is imperative to stay grounded. To always remember what is most important in their life for example family, friends, being a good person etcetera. It’s also important to prioritize their life and know what should come first. This belief also ties into what my Mom has told since the first day I started taking voice lessons. That everyone should know that they’re good and they have talent but they can always become better and there’s always room for improvement. For example I have always continued to take voice lessons no matter what because I don’t know everything about singing. It means that they have talent but they’re not perfect and that everyone can grow and get better in their talent. It helps to remember this because they don’t want to become arrogant and rude or people will start to turn away from them. This is why I’ve really taken that piece of advice to heart. It is always good to remember their roots and where they came from. Also how hard it was and how much it took to get from there to where they are now. Their family are the people who keep them grounded and they shape who they are as a person and play a big role in what kind of person they are. For example my parents are very religious and raised us based on that and very strict morals such as going to church every Sunday being selfless and putting others before yourself. This has shaped me by we always donate bags of gently used clothing and jackets each year to our churches winter clothing drive around Christmas. They are their biggest cheerleaders so it’s important not to ignore the people who truly love them. It reminds them that they are still the same as everyone else and that they still have to be a good person and role model and to set a good example for other people. It also gives them a reality and it’s a constant reminder of who they are. Their family and friends are the people who will support and back them up and believe in them no matter what. They are there for them for every high and low through thick and thin until the end. It’s especially important to never forget that no matter what happens in their life. It is a priority in their life never take that for granted. For example my parents have never missed a chorus concert it did not matter to them even if I never had a solo they were always there irregardless of our crazy hectic schedule. They are the people who are going to protect them and stand up for them despite and irregardless the situation. This is why it’s important to so their family can feel like when they do stand up for them that the favor is returned. To not forget their priorities in life like being a good person to make sure that they treat everyone with respect and that family comes first. Also to not forget who they are where they came from and what it took to get to where they are now. This is what I believe and what is most important to me in my own life.To always remain humble even if you’re finally getting that fifteen minutes of fame but, just remember that the spotlight is bleak and it can fade as quickly as it comes.