Working Hard

Steven - Muncie, Indiana
Themes: work

I believe that you have to work hard for what you want. You have to go out and grab it. You can’t just sit back and wait for everything to fall into place for you. All my life I have worked hard for everything I have. I work long hours for the things I want and need. Starting when I was twelve years old I have worked every summer. I sometimes would work up to 16 hours a day laying pavement. Since then I have worked many jobs. I have worked on housed building housing additions, and I have worked for a scrap business. All these jobs have gotten me where I am now, in college. Life doesn’t always just work out for you the way you think it should. Sometimes you have to find ways make life how you want it to be. I have found different ways to get everything that I have. I worked hard for my grades in school so that I could get scholarships to go to college. I also had a job in the summer to pay for the rest of it. I have worked to pay for other things as well, such as transportation and even my clothes. All I’m saying is that you can’t blow life away. You have to work hard to make something of yourself. Really when it comes down to it, hard work is necessary for everyone at some point in their life.