Things turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out.

stacey - lakeside, California

Have you ever had a sudden change of plans when things did not turn out how they were suppose to? I know that this has happened to me more then once in my 16 years of life. When something goes wrong, there is not much that you can do about it. You have to suck it up and take it for what it is. This is when you have a choice to make. Some people will say that it does not matter how hard you try to make it work it will still end up not going their way. Well the only thing you can do then is have a positive attitude. You are never going to get anywhere good in life if you look at the negative. So are you the person that will make the best out of this sudden change of plans, or will you make the worst of it?

I believe that things turn out for the best for those who make the best of the ways things turn out. I recall one summer where my family and I went to go visit my cousins up in L.A. For this visit we were only suppose to stay there for a week and then after we would go to Disneyland, something I have been dying to do. It would be my first time going where I could actually remember it.

I stayed up in L.A. for a week like planned, when on the night we would be going to Disneyland I was informed that we were not going to be going because my aunt had her baby, this meant we would stay and help her out for a bit. I was devastated. I knew this could not be happening, but it was. My parents said that Disneyland would have to wait for some other time. The next day was awful because I was mad about not being able to go to Disneyland and see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, and ride all the cool rides they offered. I did not know how I could spend another week with my cousins knowing that I could be at Disneyland instead. After a day of doing nothing and being mad, I realized that I did not have to be sad. I could make the best of the situation given to me. I realized that after all I am up in L.A. with my newborn cousin that was so adorable so I might as well enjoy the time I can spend with him and the rest of my family. Staying up with my cousins ended up being the greatest summer vacation I ever had that I did not want it to end. I made the best of what I thought was going to be a horrible visit. I believe that things do turn out best for those who make the best of the way things turn out. I did.