i believe in change

Kylie - waterloo
Themes: change

I believe in change. Before coming to Ball State University I had lived in the same house all my life. I went to school with kids I had known almost all my life just as most of our parents had done before us. Everybody pretty much knows everybody your normal small town stuff. There are those who stayed in that small town located on the outskirts of Fort Wayne, being perfectly content with doing just like their parents before them. But that wasn’t for me I was ready for change as soon as my senior year began. Don’t get me wrong I love my friends and family from home, but change is what I needed. Freshman orientation could not have came any faster, I loved spending those two days at Ball State with completely random people and getting to know them and my new surroundings. After orientation there was nothing more I wanted then to start school, even though summer was amazing. I was ready for that move in day. Being here has changed the way I look at many things, before coming here I had everything done and handed to me. As much as I liked that I really like being able to make my own decisions and have my own limits on what is right and wrong. It makes me feel like I actually have a say in my life and I can start to live my life the way I want to. My parents gave me good morals to grow up on but we didn’t always see eye to eye on some things. So now being on my own I can begin to live the way I think is correct and have my own views on life and not just what my parents engraved in my head for so long. I believe everyone should have at least one of those “hey that really changes the way I look at life” experiences. If it wasn’t for change we would never make progress in this world so if you want to make a difference in this world try something that no ones done before. I believe everyone needs change in their life either to let them experience new things and grow to love them or maybe grow to hate them and realize what they had.