Four Years

mike - cali
Themes: sports, work

Four Years

I believe that you should never give up. Four years ago were what I know now to be the hardest years of my life. Those four years are what molded and shaped me into the man I am today.

I am talking about my four years in high school playing football. At Whitney High School, football is hell. A month after the season ends offseason training begins. And all four years I went to all of them. I can’t tell you how many times I wanted to quit or just not show up. But I never did quit and I was always there. I spent every day every summer running my ass off so that I could get faster and after I ran I went right into the weight room to get stronger. I worked my body so hard that at the end of the day I could barley make it to my car and the next day I got up and did it again. During those times, I never thought that football would never do anything for me and that I should just quit.

But now I see all that it did for me and I am glad that I didn’t quit.

Now after all the trials and tribulations I can see some of the benefits that football has given me. Looking back at my football career the first thing that I see is all the friends I have made and all the people I have met. When I first started playing football I had no friends, and now I’m the cat’s meow at WHS (no pun intended). I think about what my life would be like if I had never met these people or never played football. The thought of it scares me because my life would be so different. At the end of my career my team and I had reached many pinnacles that had never been reached before in WHS history. We even exceeded my own expectations for our success. We were PVL and Section champs and we were the first to do it ever at WHS. I received awards like being named first team all league and O-Lineman of the year. I can credit all these Successes to all the hard work I put in and never giving up in those four years.