Greed’s fiend

William - 95677, California

Greed’s Fiend

I have learned my belief from my family, my Father has brought this situation to my attention through many examples but none stand out more than my family. They show me that money doesn’t bring happiness which I believe.

I come from a family that believes in staying out of thins that do not concern you. Whereas my mother’s family has brought the curse of money upon them. The curse has a merely simple name, greed. Truly what my relatives suffer from, which deprives them of happiness. Of course some work hard for the money they receive, such as my Aunt Michelle who has gone through years and years of schooling to attain the family business from my grandfather.

Whereas other relatives expect to receive their share of inheritance freely such as my Uncle Danny who relies heavily upon my grandparents, from money to support his lifestyle to jobs within the company my family owns that are fairly “easy”. So far though my Uncle works at a dead end job transporting car parts to businesses while awaiting the day that he receives his inheritance. My grandfather plans to have a limitation upon my uncle’s inheritance, which allows only a small portion each year to be given to him so that he doesn’t blow it all away at once.

The biggest sign of the damaging symbol that is greed I’m afraid to say is when my grandfather appoints my aunt to be in charge of his will. This causes an uproar among my Uncle Danny and my Aunt Jamie who likewise my Aunt Michelle has taken years and years of schooling but see Aunt Michelle as the enemy. Both my Uncle and Aunt have brought their opinions to my grandfather but he would not have it. So it leaves them only to piss and moan. Fighting one another for the sum amount of money the inheritance includes.

My Grandfather waits for the day he turns sixty-eight which will valid him a tax decrease upon the inheritance. He will be turning sixty-eight in two thousand and nine. It will be interesting to see the outcome of this soap opera that has been put into play by the money at hand. The money which brought the family against each other, acting like a catalyst upon the family morals which affect them all. This I believe is why money does not bring happiness. Though when used wisely, money can make life easier.

Money and property have plagued this family as well before. It is a reoccurring event, from back when my great grandfather owned the company and wise was my grandfather that he took over and gave his siblings a portion of the profit, each generation has the same story.