The Power of Friendship

Will - Farmington, Utah

Have you ever been all alone at times when you can’t stand it? I have back when I was a little child it seemed like everyone hated me but when I met my friend I instantly knew we would last as friends. Now I have gone through my share of fake friendships, you know the ones who are your friends just to be mean or just for your toys. Some how I knew he was different and we soon became the best of friends. We played together, laughed together and most of all we were close to each other. He helped me through my hard times and was there through the fun. When I had a bad day he was there to comfort me. Now when I look at my friends today I see the same thing. I see the chance of a new life. When they come to my aid they will always look out for me. I know that I can trust them when I need it.

I see the love that we share. Most importantly of all they are there for me the see my side of the story and the respect me in ways that my parents could never even begin to comprehend. They are there with me through all of the high school drama. They will always be there for me, as I will be for them.

I believe in the Power of a good friendship. It can change the world if you let it; they can be the only one who understands you at times or the only one who can slap you around when you need it the most. They care about your well being and yourself as a person. When you can’t tell your parents something, you can always tell them if they are a good friend they will always keep it a secret. The love of a friend can be unconditional if they are the right person. When you let a friendship grow it can reach to the ends of the earth to bring you back from your despair.

When the world comes to thinking about material gain and money, I know that I can turn to them and they will be my riches of millions. My friends keep my heart beating and my mind racing to make myself a better person so I won’t be ashamed to be with them. So thank you friends for being there for me. I love you and will always be there for you. Friends come in all shapes and sizes and you need to keep your eyes peeled for the great ones but also be warned keep on guard about the fake friends out there they will find your weaknesses and use them against you. They can help you fulfill your dreams with whatever it takes just rely in them and hold them close to your heart and love them with all your might.