Be Able to be Thankful

Charlotte - Saginaw, Michigan
Themes: gratitude

Able to be Thankful

Being thankful is very important to me. I believe in being thankful for everything that I have that is good, positive and meaningful. Often times I tend to take for granted the things that may seem small, but are very important to me, but these things are brought back to my attention with an alarming jolt! Like loosing my job of twenty-four years.

Reality set in when I discovered that my twenty- four years of experience from my job was nothing that I could be used elsewhere.

And that’s where being able to be able to be thankful comes in for me. My family stepped in and offered help in my times of need, and have continued throughout this long year of my setback.

I believe that recognizing everything good that you have and being able to be thankful for it is apart of faith, and I thank God often because I believe in God and by believe in God I have faith and by having faith I have hope and having hope I can feel positive about so many things like help from my family in times of need.

I believe there are so many things that I am able to be thankful for, that I cant name them all, but I k now of a few that I can start with; Grace, Mercy, and Love and sometimes I take them for granted to.

I also realize that things that are considered so everyday in my country like the freedom of speech and the freedom to come and go as I please, and the many opportunities that are available to me that people in other countries are not able to be thankful of, I am. So I am thankful; to be able to be thankful.

So in conclusion, I know that sometimes things that happen can be discouraging, and in times can get hard I just keep remembering to be able to thankful for being able to be thankful.