Peace

Lauren - creve cour, Missouri
Themes: peace

I believe in peace. I think that peace is a tool the world could use to just chill out. If everybody could just mind their own business then peace could exist. I do believe there are circumstances where people should invade others business especially if they’re doing something that is horrible like the holocaust.

Some people claim that it takes war to create peace and to an extent I agree. But I don’t think this idea should be abused as it is in the war in Iraq. As Ben Franklin once said, “There has never been a good war, or a bad peace.” People living in peace would be like a heaven on earth. Everyone would coexist in harmony and love each other and care for each other.

Peace might not work because there are so many people with different ideas, backgrounds, and views, there would be too much conflict. A lot of people aren’t empathetic or understanding enough to make it work. People in this day and age are too sucked into their own worlds and can’t sympathize for other people.

I think with peace all countries could help each other become stronger and more efficient societies. All the countries living in peace is something a lot of people envision but don’t see as possible. Power hungry people prevent it from happening and crave control over the people.

Religion also in a way prevents peace. People find ways to argue about how their religion is right or the other is wrong, this leads to wars. Religion is supposed to keep people in line, but it causes a lot of problems. People fight to prove their religion is the right one, or to defend their religion. Gandhi envisioned peace and tried to spread that.

His efforts were stopped by a religious extremist with religious motives, killing one of the most peaceful people ever.

The day people discover peace, learn to live with it as a moral, and practice it, we can all coexist. Until then, there will be wars, genocide, fights, murder, kidnappings, robberies, and everything else violent will continue to happen.