The Power of Education

Sergey - Sacramento, California

The Power of Education

As we know education plays a big part in our everyday life. For example, you need to write or calculate something and to do that you apply your knowledge to do that.

As we know education plays a big role in our lives and we need some education in order to perform some everyday tasks like to read and write. I believe in Education, because for me education is like a door that can lead you into a better life, better job, and to more opportunities. Education was one of the main reasons I migrated to America. Today in America we provide education for everyone and everyone is given a choice if they want education or not.

As we know people are all different and they believe in education differently. Some people just get out of high school and don’t even want to think of going on to college. But others believe in education and end up going to colleges and universities. One thing I don’t get is, how much people in this country take education for granted and just don’t care about it. All they want to do is just graduate and start working right away. In this country everybody can get education if they work hard at it and care about it. This country provides opportunities and help to people who want to get an education, but for some reason a lot of people just don’t care about getting a higher education and their future. I’ve talked to a lot of people and asked, “ why don’t you go to college?” Almost every time I get the same answer, “ I don’t have the money.” In some cases it may be true because a lot of young people move out and have to support themselves. As a result, most of the time they don’t have the extra money they can spend. But still, I think you can still get education and most of the colleges and universities provide some sort of financial help. I think that if only people would believe a little more in education and care about it they would go to college to get a higher education.