Deepness of Beauty

Marck - Houston, Texas
Themes: prejudice

I believe in the deepness of beauty. Sometimes I take time and watch how people judge others even not meaning so. We can’t help it; I think it’s natural to us. As you see in movies a popular guy always gets the pretty girl, but when a “typical nerd” girl goes over an extreme make over. They get notice more, and suddenly get attracted more. As in this society I think looks are one main factor of beauty, but in beauty what counts is what is inside a person there personality and there soul and heart.

I got to realize this by doing and experiment in my humanities class. My experiment was to go blind for one day. I’m glad I got to do this I realize how much I depended on my eye sight. Right when I put on my blindfold on I was scared. It was so unusual to not see. As I was walking by I felt people hitting me tripping me and touching me. It made me mad, but wouldn’t you think blind people get pick on also? So I kept walking to my class, of course I had someone escort me.

As I was walking down the hall I notice that it was louder than any other day. It was like my hearing and my sense of smell got better, to me I thought it was strange it felt like magic. Since I couldn’t see I depended on my hearing and my smell. I kept tripping on the stairs and also couldn’t tell who was talking to me.

One experience that I had from my blindness day was a person name Cleven that I don’t talk to as much. As I was ready to walk down the stairs I shouted out loud “can someone help me!” my friends were laughing, but I was being serious. So I walk away hoping I wouldn’t bump in to a locker, but when I walk away a person name Cleven said to me if I needed help that he would help me. It was good feeling to me that a person that doesn’t talk to you helps you out, when you really would think your friends would help you. As I walking to class down those stairs I felt that I could trust him. He drops me off and I crawled on the floor really slowly I lay on the ground hopping that I wouldn’t hit a desk. I was in my humanities class were everyone was blind, well not everyone. People that weren’t blind there were either deaf or couldn’t speak they said that they rather be deaf or couldn’t speak then being blind. I thought blind was better of understanding beauty because you don’t get to judge the looks or outside of a person, you really just judging what they say and what’s inside.

So in my class we decided to watch a Wall-e, we were still blind. It was strange to not see what was going on. The soundings from the movie were really interesting usually you see what’s going on by looking at the screen and not really pay attention to the sound effects, but if you close your eyes and watch a movie you would understand what I mean.

At a point I had to use the restroom that was the worst thing. I was really going to hold it in so I couldn’t wait. I ask my teacher if I could go, he said yes and I was hoping that someone could take me there, but I went alone.

Beauty can say and mean a lot. It’s something that has meaning but could be define in positive or negative way. The beauty that everyone thinks now in days is the outside or the appearance. What we should matter is the inside of a person heart and what they have to offer. If you talk to someone that maybe look good in the outside but inside they have a mean ugly attitude most likely you’re not going to talk to that person.

In my opinion I think there’s a lot of a thing about beauty. If someone feels pretty with makeup then that’s beauty to them. As long as they feel beautiful with it then that’s fine. I don’t think we should judge someone on what beauty means to them.