i believe that beauty can be expressed in many different ways

jesus - houston, Texas

I believe that beauty can be expressed in many different ways. It can be seen, heard, touched etc….

About a week ago our humanities teacher presented us with a class project, the whole class had to be blindfolded throughout the day to represent blindness. I was very astounded by this, I didn’t know how to feel either nervous or excited. The day came it was 7:50 a.m at this time I put on my blindfold, I was with my friend, and I asked him if he could be my guide. He agreed, immediately felt like the world had vanished in front of me and then I realized i was supposed to feel that way. My first class was gym. I was nervous because I thought somebody was going to hit me with a ball needless to say somebody did. I then began to feel for the blind people, how might they be treated in real life, since I was just pretending to be one. While walking to my humanities class I didn’t know where I was going even though I walk to there many times, luckily my friend was there to guide to there. I arrived to my humanities class and the teacher said that we were going to watch a movie, I think he was trying to tell us to use our ears instead of our eyes to paint mental pictures, during the movie I wanted to take my blindfold to see the movie but I had to resist because then it would spoil the experience. But there were times where I had to take it off. My US history class teacher told us to remove the blindfolds to the ones that were participating in the event, that day we were going to take a major test. When I took it off I felt very weird, like I hadn’t open my eyes for many day’s. When the class had ended it was time to put the blindfold back on again my friend met me after class to guide me to lunch, it was very loud. During lunch I usually play football with my friends but that day I could only hear them play my friend played somebody scored a touchdown but I could only hear them yell. My last class was English class my teacher told everybody who was blind to keep on their blindfold she wanted us to really experience the feeling of being blind unfortunately that day I had to write an essay about a book that we had read, that was not very exciting. I realized that we didn’t need to see to experience things we can also hear them. Also I learned to feel my surroundings to locate exactly where I was. The day of blindness had ended I could now take off the blindfold it was 3:00 . Beauty is within a person’s belief, no one or no thing can decide if something is beautiful to them. Plastic surgery can very well fix anything these days if you have the right amount of money. It was not very popular back in the days, people weren’t very interested in the idea. Years later the demand for it went up. People were using plastic surgery to fix things that they were not very comfortable with. My point on plastic surgery is that if you do not feel comfortable with your body you can change it. Some people define beauty as looks instead of beauty within the person. Anything can be beautiful maybe not to you, but to someone else it has a very special meaning. The most simple thing can be beautiful, you just have to look for it. My day of blindness was a very unique experience I had the chance to be in other people’s shoes unfortunately it was very frustrating at times. There is beauty all around to some people it is invisible but if you don’t see it you have to look for it. My other point on beauty for me a girl doesn’t need to wear make up or other beauty products to look good to me it doesn’t really matter but for whatever reason they feel more comfortable I am not the one to stop them from wearing it. For example an article that we read in class said that models were pushed to go on diets to make them even skinnier years back that wasn’t an issue . A famous actress had a photo shoot where she took pictures of herself without any make up she said that she felt very comfortable like that because she was being herself. There is a big influence on younger girls to dress up prettier these days. Most of them come from tv ads and soap operas. The drug companies are also playing a large part in the advertising. They advertise enhancing drugs. When you are yourself you feel more comfortable than if you are being something your not. I will never forget the day of blindness because it is an unforgettable experience. To me beautiful things are everywhere. And inner beauty is more important than outer beauty to me.