Fluffy Hugs and Rainbows

Jenny - Sacramento, California

I believe in hugs. Genuine, heartfelt hugs. The moment I bring my arms up, wrap them around the recipient as tight as possible, I am filled with love. I see the hug as a symbol of friendship and caring. When I think about hugs, it makes me feel warm inside and ready to take on the world. I believe that hugs are an integral part of being able to love and to be loved.

I believe my love of hugging stems from a sad event, really. My dad died when I was nine. Surrounded by mourners who were speechless meant that hugs were the common conversation they would have with me. Uncomfortable hugs, loving hugs, understanding hugs and of course the ” I am so sorry you lost your dad and now you have all these strangers in your house” hugs. This moment really defined where hugs would be in my future.

I believe my mom is the best hugger. In that moment, I am the most important person to her. I feel like taking on the world after the super hug of my mom. That hug takes all the pain and sadness away from losing the one we loved the most. It also makes us remember the love that we share. That kind of love is amazing, inspirational and strong.

I pride myself on my hugging ability. Hugging is one of my core beliefs. The underlying belief is that physical touch is a necessity for people to live. I could never go a day without a hug. It isn’t the physical touching that makes me want the hug. It is the idea and emotion behind the hug. Love, sincerity and pure happiness is what I yearn to experience. And I believe that I am not only impacting my own life, but my hug recipients’ as well. To hug on a daily basis might seem cumbersome to those who are uncomfortable with showing affection. To me, I look at each day as a challenge to increase my hug recipient base exponentially. I believe that hugs make a difference in everyone’s life, even if you won’t admit it.