I believe hard work always pays off…

Austin - Salem
Themes: work

This I Believe…

Are you ever the one that has to stay home and work while your friends go out and do something fun? My parents have raised me doing all sorts of farm since my elementary years. Whether out on my grandpa’s 1000 acre ranch or at home with our 15 horses I have always done weekend projects and weekly maintenance. This has often times prevented me from spending the day with my friends or just sleeping in and watching T.V. and for this I am ultimately thankful.

Simply stated: I believe in hard work. To be completely honest, at times I have deeply resented my responsibilities for their keeping me tied down. But, I have learned to develop a “work hard-play hard” lifestyle: in this, I mean that I work hard so I can play hard when the time is right and enjoy every minute. Whether that means getting up early to get my chores finished so I can go out later that evening or working a 12+ hour day in order to get the next one off; I am always working towards the next time I get to play.

This work ethic carries over into my studies as well. I have always taken advanced classes in order to challenge myself, excel, and one day become a specialized medical doctor. This, no doubt, requires me to make sacrifices in other aspects of my life to keep up with my studies, but I know that ultimately this WILL pay off!

Not only do I believe in hard work, but I believe that hard work always pays off in the end. It is often required of me to work when I don’t want to or stay home to study instead of going to the game or movie that everyone else is. During these times I envy the other kids; but as I grow older I am beginning to realize that all my hard will pay off, whether it be now or in the future.

My best friend and I often wonder if we have missed out on our high school years with participation in difficult classes, diligence in these classes, and staying out of trouble. We hear the other guys telling their stories about how they got into trouble doing something insanely fun or narrowly escaped it and we wonder if they have taken the right approach. Our final conclusion always remains: Our hard work will pay off in the end and we’ll be thankful for the diligence and effort put forth now. This I believe.