Jessica - Connecticut

One day as I was walking down the busy streets of Manhattan I couldn’t fathom the many different people that rushed by me. I noticed the fat, the short, the tall, the thin, the beggers, the workers, and the wealthy. I saw just about every race on our planet wearing their own particular styles as I pushed my way through the hustle and bustle of black Friday. But as I looked into the eyes of the people passing by all I could do was stop and think of where they were from, or what they were doing here. I could only wonder what they were thinking and what their lives consist of; however, these are all things that I will never know. We are all our own individuals, living, breathing, and thinking our own thoughts. My mind, my heart and my soul are mine, completely and entirely my own. Never will another individual know what I am feeling, no matter how strong our relationship is. Whether it be my mother, my father, my sister, my best friend, or my boyfriend, they will never know exactly what it is like to be me. Even though I will most likely never see the people I passed that day, I still tend to ask the same questions about the important people in my life. The time I share with my loved ones is still not enough to answer my questions. I will never know completely the experiences my friends and family encounter in their everyday lives. This leads me to believe that we are all alone in this world. It may be a hard understanding to grasp, but in the end we are only living for ourselves. I believe that we come into this world alone. That along the way we meet people that define our lives; the people we care about, trust, and love. Then eventually it is our time, the time when our life will end the same way it began… alone.