I believe that everything happens for a reason

Rachel - Verona, Virginia
Themes: purpose, setbacks

I believe that everything happens for a reason. I remember my friend, Justin Nelson, who was a wreck after his father’s unexpected death, but there must have been a better plan for him. Perhaps God’s plan for a lost loved one is made in Heaven rather than on Earth. I remember when Jessica’s dad got lost at sea, drowned, and died; he must be in a better place. I remember crying when I found out my dog, Carly, finally past away, but I know that she deserves to be happy and be able to run free in the Heavens. Sometimes you just realize that you are where you are supposed to be in life. You cannot fight fate. I accept that God has a plan for each and every one of his children. When you lose a loved one, lose a soccer game, or lose your car keys, I believe it is for a true purpose. Maybe the soccer game you lost was the only soccer game your opponent won. Possibly it was luck, but it could’ve made their whole season worth it. Forgetting where you placed your keys could result in saving your life. What if a drunk driver was on the road, wrecked, and it resulted in your death? Absolutely everything in this world happens for a reason.

Recently, I got to know this guy, Jay, a lot better. I knew him before but we never really hung out. We began to talk a lot and started a relationship. Although he was moving soon, it didn’t hold us back. We wanted to be together, but the moving situation was the only thing getting in the way. So, we acted like we were a couple as the day of his departure back to Idaho was creeping closer. We both didn’t want to face it but we had no choice.

Friday night after work, November 21, 2008, I went to Jay’s cousin’s house where he and all of our friends were. We were having fun and playing games. Jay wouldn’t come near me, he wouldn’t say two words to me, and he pushed me away when I hugged him. He was playing a game with another girl, Sue. I didn’t understand what was bothering him but I knew I had done nothing wrong, so, he had no reason to be angry with me. Once we all left Jay’s cousin’s house, we went to Stew’s house. The whole party re-located except for Sue and her friend Kay-they never showed up. They took my CD from the party and said they would give it back to us when we reached Stew’s house. Not knowing they were not coming, I let them. They stole it. At Stew’s, Jay was laying in the hallway because he wanted to be alone. I tried talking to him but he gave me nothing. Minutes later, Jay walked out the door, saying nothing. I had no idea where he went! I was in panic mode wondering if he had walked home, if someone picked him up, if he walked to the store. Everyone in the room lied to my face explaining that they had no clue where he was. Quoted: “I didn’t even see him leave.” I was up all night worried about if he was home safely. I didn’t sleep.

The next morning, I found out that Sue had picked him up. He took her home with him and she spent the night. He really hurt me but I knew that it happened for a good reason. He must not have been the one for me. There must be someone else out there better that is my soul mate. I must move on. Knowing this helps a great deal but my heart is still heavy inside. I never thought he would do something so wrong to me and I’m surprised that the people I thought had my back, and were my best friends, lied to my face without regret. Losing friends, losing a boyfriend, and losing love really sucks but I know I’ll be okay. Although we may never know a reason for something at the time, there is a good explanation behind it because I believe the Lord watches over me at all times. He has another plan for me.