Lee - Hopkinsville, Kentucky
Themes: carpe diem

This I believe that everyone needs to live life to the fullest. People only have one life to live and that is this one, I do not have a second chance. If I mess it up I can not go back and fix it. Yes all people make mistakes, but by making them they should learn from them. I know for a fact that I my self make mistakes every day and I try to let these mistakes guide me and teach me not to do them again. One of the biggest mistakes I make and I see other people make every day living life in fear. I am not saying do not have fear you should have fear of some things. Try not to let these fears control your life. I myself try not to let my fear over come me. If I let this fear control me there would have been a lot of things in my life I would not have done. There has been a few people to call me a dare devil because of the things I have done by not letting my fear control me. Take for example at one time I rode bulls and saddle bronc in rodeos. That fear was always there, “Will I get stepped on, will I hooked in the face by a bull. Will I get hung up and not be able to get away.” I was dealing with fifteen hundred pound and plus size animals. Yes I was afraid I just simply pushed my fear to the side and put my mind on my business of staying on top of that animal for eight seconds. By putting my fear aside those are some of my most exciting and thrilling memories that I have. Another example is about a week before I graduated from high school a friend of mine got a dirt bike. I had never been on one in my life. I thought to myself “This thing could run right out from under me and there would be nothing I could do about it.” I got on this thing anyway and had fun riding it. Then my fear was gone so I tried to pop a wheelie with it and that was when my fear came true; it did run out from under me, and I got road rash because of it. But that is not going to stop me from getting on another one. Fear is not going to stop me from living my life the way I want to or stop me from trying new things