I believe if someone betrays you once it’s his fault

Clay - Grottoes, Virginia

I believe if someone betrays you once it’s his fault; if he betrays you twice it’s your fault. If someone makes a poor choice then it becomes their mistake. People make mistakes and I believe people should always get another chance. But if someone makes the same mistake again it not only looks bad on them but it now looks bad on you. That person makes you seem like the dumb one for believing in them to give them another chance.

I have made plenty of mistakes in my life and have been thankful for the opportunities and chances I have had to prove those people that have had faith in me to give them a chance to show them the real me. I feel that second chances have a lot to play into as well as mistakes. I always try to make new mistakes. If I make the same mistakes over and over it therefore doesn’t become a mistake. I have been thankful to have many opportunities to have second chances in life and learn from are mistakes. I have had situations where my career as a Fort Defiance athlete have been at risk, for dumb mistakes. My football coach told me that he wasn’t for sure if he would let me back on the team or not. It came down to the captains on the team, Righty, Jake, and Wes. Coach said it was up to them since us classmen interact more than players do with coaches if I was a liable person and should give me another opportunity. Without any hesitation they all spoke up and said yes. My teammates realize that we all make mistakes. Some more than others or some bigger than others.

I have heard that it takes your whole lifetime earning respect but yet it only takes a second to lose it. That is absolutely true. My principal at the school has called me in for some questioning as to situations involving my team suspensions. He had told me that I will be on probation but yet he will give me one last chance to prove him wrong. If it wasn’t for him I probably would never be aloud to wear a uniform for this school. He believed in me as to give me another chance. I could have done the wrong thing again and made him look like an idiot for trying to give me another shot. I believe that everyone deserves another opportunity but if they keep making the same mistake towards you, anyone or anything, but then it sooner or later becomes your fault. I have betrayed certain beliefs and decisions and have realized the correct thing to do and still made the wrong choice, but then if it wasn’t for people that confide in me I wouldn’t be where I am now. Just because someone makes a mistake doesn’t mean that they are a bad person, they just made a poor choice and must face the consequences.